When I am learning,
- I am engaged,
- I don’t like to be interrupted,
- I am feeling something—interest, frustration, struggle, joy, energy, rage (when my computer doesn’t cooperate),
- I am solving something,
- I am meeting a need I have,
- I am answering a question I have,
- I am exploring,
- I am experimenting,
- I am testing.
- My brain is searching for connections and understanding.
I don’t think students are much different when they are learning (although mine may have been learning something I wasn’t trying to teach!)
Here’s My Learning Worksheet you can use to help your students identify their learning “states of being.” It’s short, simple, and usually pretty interesting—to them and to you!